Just like in real life, the goal of the game is to ‘pitch’ your song into competition against all the other songs pitched for a particular artist, and hope to “get the cut” (be the right song for the right artist according to your peers and the general public).
Each time you “Ask a Question” you are fantasy pitching a song: (Is my song right for this artists?)
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
- Subscribe to become an Author member ($6.99 monthly).
- Click on the Pitch Your Song/Ask A Question Button
- Title your question/pitch with the TITLE OF YOUR SONG
- Choose the artists Category from the drop down (who you’re pitching to)
- Click Upload Media and select the song you’d like to pitch (we want the song at the very TOP – please see THIS EXAMPLE)
- THEN Fill in the lyrics, co-writers and all other pertinent information in the box under the song code
- Post your pitch
Of these songs, votes from visitors will be counted and the song with the most UP votes and comments will be chosen as the winner on a monthly or rolling basis (starting soon!). In addition, from time to time we will hold category (pick an artist or all around) competitions with some great winning prizes like cash, gift cards, musical instruments, studio time for recording, personal coaching from hit writers, and more!
RULES OF THE GAME
1. You MUST own the copyright to the songs you have listed in this competition and it MUST be
an original work of art. (Once a song is written it is covered by copyright law and the writers of the
song own the copyright) In other words, NO Covers, NO exceptions.
2. ALL writers of the song must be given proper credit.
3. You MUST provide a lyric sheet with each song entry.
4. Songs are “fantasy pitched” to artists based on the artists category.
5. If you have a song that would be right for multiple artists, you must pitch the song to each artist category individually.
6. The title of the Question (ie. Pitch) is the TITLE OF YOUR SONG.
7. If it is a “general” question about the artist and not a pitch, please write “GENERAL: your question” and fill in the box.
8. *SHOULD we wish to pitch your song to an artist, we will first notify you by email with our
desire and a simple agreement stating that IF we are successful on your behalf and get the
song cut, we get the publishing to the song. If the song does not get cut, we own nothing and
have no claims. If you choose to not sign or agree to this in writing, we will not pitch your song
but will wish you the best in your career!
9. We reserve the right to amend the rules without notice.